Get ready for a nostalgia-fueled haze of excitement: the creator of Snake is bringing a reboot of the mobile classic to iPhone and iPad on May 14.
Called Snake Rewind, the reboot breaks the game out of its classic black-and-white confines and adds a splash of color and extra flair with 10 visually distinct levels and new power ups.
Here’s a breakdown of what’s coming in Snake Rewind:
- Rewind the snake to continue the game even after crashing!
- Many different types of special fruit, with unique powers and effects!
- 10 levels with distinct visuals and music, unlocked by completing fun and challenging missions!
- Fruit Store where boosters and items can be upgraded and purchased, using fruit that you collect while playing!
- Compete against other players for higher scores and rankings on the leaderboards, connect with friends on Facebook!
- Fill the whole screen with the snake and find out what happens then!
The game comes as part of a partnership between developer Rumilus Design and Taneli Armanto, the creator of the Snake game that came loaded on nearly every classic Nokia phone. As mentioned above, you’ll be able to snag Snake Rewind on iOS when it launches on May 14, so you still have plenty of time to bust out that old Nokia phone and brush up on your skills.
Source: Rumilus Design