Microsoft has released new versions of its Word, Excel and PowerPoint Office apps for iPhone and iPad. The updates add a way for those users to view files that have been previously protected, along with some other additional features;
Here’s a quick breakdown of what’s new in the 1.11 versions of these apps:
- Bi-directional and complex script languages: now supports bi-directional text editing and complex script for Arabic, Hebrew, and Thai.
- View protected documents: open and view documents that have access permissions applied to them.
- Easier sharing: invite people to edit a document and grant them permissions, all from within the app.
- Integration with Outlook: send a document as an attachment in Outlook. Or directly edit a document attached to or linked from an Outlook email message.
Microsoft released a new email app for the iPhone earlier this week called Send that has a number of instant messaging influences.
- Free (Word) – Download now
- Free (Excel) – Download now
- Free (PowerPoint) – Download now