Can’t find how to set your default weather and world clock on Apple Watch? Here’s how!
The Apple Watch can show a lot of really nifty pieces of information on its clock face, which is great for seeing important data at a glance. But when it comes to setting your weather and default world clock to show on the watch face, we’ve had a few readers come up stumped. Here’s the easiest way to make sure the data you want is showing up on your Apple Watch.
How to set a default weather location on the Apple Watch
The Apple Watch works in tandem with your iPhone apps to display the information you want; as such, you first need to set up some weather options in the Weather app on your iPhone.
- Make sure you have the location you want listed in the Weather app on your iPhone; if you don’t have it, tap the list icon in the bottom right corner of the screen, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen, tap the plus button, and add the city of your choice.
- Open the Apple Watch app and tap on Weather from the main menu.
- Tap on Default City.
- Select which city you’d like to see weather from on your watch face.
How to set a default world clock on the Apple Watch
Like with weather, your Apple Watch uses your iPhone’s data to display your various world clocks. To add new clocks or to choose which one displays most prominently, you have to organize them from the Clock app on your iPhone.
- Open the Clock app on your iPhone and select the World Clock tab if it’s not already selected.
- If you don’t see the time you want shown, tap the plus button in the upper right corner to add a new clock.
- After you’ve added (or found) the time you want shown first, tap the Edit button in the upper left corner.
- Drag the world clock option you want to appear first on your Watch to the top of the list.
- Now, when you have a watch face with the World Clock feature enabled, you’ll see the clock from the top of the list.