AT&T has posted its earnings for the first quarter of 2015 today, reporting a slight bump in revenue over the same quarter last year and its lowest first-quarter churn rate ever.
AT&T‘s combined revenue for its wireless and wireline businesses in the first quarter was $32.6 billion, which marks a year-over-year bump of 0.3 percent. Additionally, earnings per share were 61 cents—down from 70 cents a year ago.
On the wireless side of things, specifically, AT&T notes that it had 1.2 million net wireless adds, and the quarter represented the company’s best first-quarter postpaid churn—clocking in at just 1.02 percent. Additionally, the company’s total wireless revenues were up 1.8 percent over the same period last year. Here are some highlights from the report:
- $18.2 billion in total wireless revenues, up 1.8 percent year-over-year
- $14.8 billion in wireless service revenues, down 3.7 percent year-over-year
- $13.7 billion in wireless operating expenses, up 7.2 percent year-over-year
- $4.4 billion in operating income, down 12 percent year-over-year
- 441,000 postpaid subscribers added in the quarter