Apple updated its Apple Pay participating issuer list today with 24 additional banks, credit unions and financial institutions supporting the contactless payment service in the United States. Apple Pay now has nearly 250 participating issuers nationwide, and several hundred more plan to support the NFC-based mobile payment service in the future.
The full list of new Apple Pay participating issuers is reflected below, although it’s worth noting that some banks, credit unions and financial institutions listed may have already had support for the contactless payments service quite some time and are only now being reflected on Apple’s website.
- Bellwether Community Credit Union
- Benchmark Federal Credit Union
- Blackhawk Community Credit Union
- Community America Credit Union
- Community First Credit Union
- Connections Credit Union
- cPort Credit Union
- Denver Fire Department FCU
- Electro Savings Credit Union
- Elements Financial FCU
- First Financial Credit Union
- Greater Nevada Credit Union
- Harvard Universities Employees Credit Union
- Interra Credit Union
- Kern Schools Federal Credit Union
- Nusenda Credit Union
- People’s Trust Federal Credit Union
- Premier America Credit Union
- Premier Members Federal Credit Union
- SAFE Credit Union
- Scient Federal Credit Union
- The Bancorp Bank
- Tucson Federal Credit Union
- Union Bank & Trust Co.
Apple Pay remains available in the United States only, although Apple is committed to an international rollout of the mobile payments service in additional countries such as Canada, China and the United Kingdom. Canada, a well-prepared candidate for Apple Pay, could be the first country to embrace the service outside of the United States as early as November according to The Wall Street Journal.